No one ever expects to be harmed by their own phone charger. One man lives to tell his story of how charging is iPhone almost killed him!

According to the Washington Post, Wiley Day of Alabama survived after he was shocked by 110 volts of electricity while sleeping with his iPhone charging in his bed.

Day’s dog chain necklace acted as a conductor for electricity when it hit his iPhone charger and extension cord while he was asleep on March 22, the Washington Post reported. It’s reported that the 32-year-old was treated for second and third-degree burns.

When he was jolted awake, Day fell to the floor and felt his eyesight fading, according to the Washington Post. “Your body is numb at that point,” Day told the Post. “I guess people would think it would be burning, but in my case, I felt a whole lot of pressure around my neck.”

 

Day now charges his phone in the kitchen and warns everyone to not charge their phone near or on the bed.

Iamlakianichole
Blogger extraordinaire
Author/publisher
The chocolate girl with locs
Introvert, Libra, Love the 80s era
Michael Jackson & Kendrick Lamar are Da Baes
Janet Jackson, Jill Scott, Chrisette Michele, and Marsha Ambrosius are my besties in my head
Patti LaBelle is my spiritual auntie
I love to write and make you think!