Saudi prosecutor to visit Turkey over Khashoggi’s case

Jamal Khashoggi's son leaves Saudi Arabia as kingdom says killing was 'planned'

Jamal Khashoggi's son leaves Saudi Arabia as kingdom says killing was 'planned'

Hatice Cengiz, a Turkish national, made the comments in an emotional interview with broadcaster Haberturk on Friday, her first TV appearance since Khashoggi's killing inside the kingdom's consulate in Istanbul more than three weeks sgo.

She recalled how Khashoggi handed her his two mobile phones before going inside to pick up papers needed for their upcoming marriage. She waited outside for almost 12 hours, alerting friends and officials when he failed to emerge. "History tells us that light always wins out against the dark".

Cengiz has demanded the punishment of everyone involved in his murder "from the highest to the lowest levels", AFP news agency reported. While several Republican and Democratic members of Congress have said the crown prince either knew or even ordered the operation, President Trump has so far repeated the Saudi line that both men denied any knowledge. The first lady's office was "in contact with her now, and we want to bring her to the White House", Trump added.

Turkish officials and some USA lawmakers allege the crown prince ordered the operation in which Jamal Khashoggi killed.

The global response on how best deal with Saudi Arabia as details of the murder become clearer has been mixed. His U.S. destination was not immediately known but his late father lived in the Washington area.

'But he said he didn't, ' she said.

Cengiz broke down in tears a few times as she spoke about Khashoggi, whom she described as a "patriot".

He went to exile a year ago in the United States and contributed to The Washington Post.

"But he said he didn't", she added.

Red Sox cap stellar season, win 4th World Series in 15 years
For a long time, Price had been known for his playoff shortcomings, having never won a game. "This is why I came to Boston". Nonetheless, Boston and LA rewrote the record books in game three, which was the longest World Series game ever.

"His local network in Turkey was very good as you know, his political network as well", Ms Cengiz said.

Riyadh says 18 people have been arrested and five senior government officials have been sacked as part of the investigation. Mohammed this week called the killing a "heinous crime".

Erdogan also says Turkey has other "information and evidence" about the Khashoggi's killing by Saudi officials in the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul, and that it will eventually reveal that information.

On Sunday she told reporters at her party headquarters that "I agree with all those who say when it comes to our already limited arms exports [to Saudi Arabia] that they can not take place in the current situation".

'I also told the crown prince.

Meanwhile, Jubeir said: "We tried not to let differences with Qatar affect the GCC ..."

Sarah Leah Whitson, the executive director of HRW's Middle East and North Africa division, said that Saudi journalist's son Salah and his family left Riyadh on Thursday after a travel ban was lifted.

Saudi Arabia's foreign minister has said the suspects in the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi would be prosecuted in Saudi Arabia.

He said the kingdom was certain that a "mistake was committed" in the killing of Mr Khashoggi, and that the people responsible had "exceeded their authority".

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.